Thursday, June 14, 2007

June 14, 2007

1. Last night I had the distinct pleasure of attending The President's Dinner at the Washington Convention Center. The dinner was a $2500 a plate ticket and I got in for free. Present were most Republican members of Congress and the main speech was given by... Our fine President, George W. Bush. The speech he gave focused on two things: The War on Terror and conservative principles. The President actually got fired up during his speech and gave the Republicans a pretty good way to take the White House in 2008. You know, President Bush is not perfect and he has not gotten everything right in his six years as being President, but I will tell you that I admire him for some many different reasons: His courage, his steadfastness in defending America, his unwavering committment to protect the life of the unborn and his stand for marriage. The President does what he believes in his heart is the right thing for this country. We have seen the Democrats attack this man for every imaginable thing, but he has stood strong and will continue to stand up for America. President Bush is one of those guys that his yes means yes and his no certainly means no and when he shakes your hand and looks you in the eye, you know he is being sincear. That is the President I am going to miss when he leaves the Oval Office in 2009. So overall, the dinner was excellent last night - food, wine, and entertainment. I even ran into my favorite Congressman - Patrick McHenry. He is totally awesome. I also ran into Congressman Tim Murphy (R-PA). He serves the fighting 18th (right outside of Pittsburgh). I did a brief but worthwhile internship for the Congressman in the early part of this year. He's a down-to-earth kind of guy and I think he will end up going far.

No comments: