Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Finally updated

Sorry for not updating the blog in a while but now that I have some time I can do a little bit of catching up.

I am starting a new position at Congressman Patrick McHenry's office tomorrow. I spent the last month and a half working for Mike Pence. Due to a few changes in logistics, I am now going to be in Congressman McHenry's office (my favorite congressman).

This will not be a long blog entry because I want to wait until tomorrow and see what the Senate does tonight with the Iraq vote. This should be interesting.

I bought a copy of The Reagan Diaries today. I spent a little time reading a few chapters and read the entry about the day he was shot and it brought me to tears. I wish I could have lived and understood at the time the presidency of Ronald Wilson Reagan, the greatest American president to have ever lived in our lifetime. In that diary entry, Reagan was laying on the stretcher in the hospital in considerable and immense pain, yet he asked God to give John Hinkley the power to find Jesus Christ. As he layed there with a bullet lodged in his lung, Ronald Reagan asked the good Lord to give Hinkley guidence. Wow. What a man. Where are the Ronald Reagan's today?

Untill tommorrow - God Bless.

No comments: